Friday, November 14, 2008

In God's Hands

"If they call an audible on me, and if they say they want me in another position, I'm going to do it. ... My life is in God's hands. If he's got doors open for me, that I believe are in our state's best interest, the nation's best interest, I'm going to go through those doors." Sarah Palin


"My life is in God's hands." While many people in the world probably feel the same way about their lives I think she puts it in a context that is far less common and far more dangerous.  If she runs for senate it won't be a CHOICE she makes it will be because its god's will.  Since she will be serving god's will she is no longer responsible for her actions, god will be.  This is the same reason suicide bombers justify the slaughter of innocent people including children, because its the will of god.


Most sensible people are guided through life by their conscience and by logic.  They make good and bad choices, and hopefully they'll learn from them.  When you are simply following orders there is no potential for learning or self-reflection.  If someone is harmed by your action you don't need to take responsibility because it was the will of god.

No comments: