Thursday, December 18, 2008

Quick Homemade Spaghetti

I stayed at work late tonight, when I got home I was hungry but not in the mood to cook something fancy.  So I put some water in a pot and some tomato sauce on the side and made some spaghetti.  I did something strange and threw some pepperoni in, its not a particularly great way to make sauce but I did it anyways.  I remembered the only times I had spaghetti this way was in college.  I'd go down to the dorm kitchen with friends, we'd often make spaghetti, we'd throw some bread in the oven or maybe bake some cookies.  We'd all go out shopping together, go for drives and road trips to Yellowstone.  We had this relationship for several years, then it all came crashing down.  I don't know if it was because I came out or because of my worsening depression but when I came out it all ended.  I assumed weirdness would happen but it just ended, no answers to the phone, at the door, I was avoided like the plague.  I threw out a couple of peace offerings months later and never heard from her again.  We never got into a fight, never got a letter, never talked about what was going on.  It was all just over.  It hurt me for a long time and I was mostly over it, then I made this spaghetti.

No comments: